Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Long Day


I attended a professional development at another school in the morning. I noticed I was moving a little bit slower, and even sitting was uncomfortable at this point. When I got back to school I took 600 mg of ibuprofen and was thankful that I only had the kids for a little bit that afternoon due to specials and recesses. I made an appointment for a massage, called my mother in law (Donna), to find out who her chiropractor was and made arrangements to not be at school the next day. I treated myself to a pedicure (which was a little hard to sit through), and then had my 45 minute massage. Samantha (one of my favorite masseuses at Dolce Salon and Spa) spent the entire time working on my lower back. At the end, she even did a few extra minutes no charge stretching out my glutes. She had said that all the muscles in my lower back and butt were tense and that was probably what was causing the pain and discomfort. After the massage I did feel a little better… not a lot, but a little. I made it through the evening and was looking forward to getting into the chiropractor the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment