Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Trip to the Chiropractor

I woke up and went into work because I needed to finish getting things ready for the sub to come in and work with my kids. I had to go in that morning, because I had spent after school on Tuesday hobbling around on campus trying to locate my favorite subs to see if they would be available to fill in, and I couldn’t stay late because I had the appointments for the pedicure and massage. I called the chiropractor’s office recommended by my mother in law, as soon as they opened, and they were able to get me in right away in the morning. When I got there, the chiropractor did a basic exam, palpating the muscles and did a small little massage on my back. He used some kind of tool (I don’t even have any idea what kind) that sounded like he was using a stapler on my back. He said that it would help get between the discs and loosen up the muscles. He told me the same thing that the masseuse had said, the lower lumbar muscles are tight, and we need to loosen them up. He recommended bed rest, and that I come see him the following morning and I booked the appointment. I put in for a sub for the next day at work, thankful that I had left a lot of worksheets on my desk, so I won't have to go in tomorrow morning and make more copies. I didn't really notice a change in the pain or discomfort during the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment