Monday, May 7, 2012

Finally!!!!

Cody comes back in the morning after giving Castro his food and insulin. Hopefully today will really be the day that I can be discharged. The neurosurgeon's partner comes to see me this morning and finally gives me the okay to leave. The neurosurgeon's partner and attending physician are both concerned that my blood pressure is still on the high side, but give me a blood pressure medication to help keep that under control until I can see my PCP. The neurosurgeon's partner tells me to schedule a follow with their office because they fill up quickly. I should be up walking around, I have Percocet for the pain, a steroid to help with the swelling, the blood pressure medication, an antibiotic and Valium for nerves. I ask if I can please take a shower before I leave the hospital (because they have a shower chair), and am told that I can, but then it seems like they are trying to rush me out. I insist that I'm not leaving until I take a shower, they ask when I think I'll be ready to leave and I say about an hour. Cody helps me carefully take a shower. I can't stand for long periods of time, so the shower chair really helps. We check out and head home. I'm so happy to see Castro and our house, but I am exhausted from not really having slept the night before. So I end up sleeping for a bit. Cody runs to the store and gets some essentials, my prescriptions filled and a McDonald's Mocha Frappe (if I can't have a Starbucks this will do!) while I nap. I hurt, and my back feels tight, so I take one of the Percocet. I still feel numb down my left leg and in the saddle area. The neurosurgeon's partner had said that this could take months to come back. I had Cody take a picture of the incision because I hadn't seen it yet. We take it easy relaxing in the bed, watching t.v. shows that I missed out on while I was in the hospital, and call it an early night.


No comments:

Post a Comment