Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I Am Slowly Going Numb.... Numb Going Slowly Am I...

After bedrest on Tuesday, I wake up Wednesday and am concerned because my butt and pelvic area are going numb. I put in a call to the Tempe doctor's office when they open at 8am to see if they have the x-ray results yet, and to ask if she can call me because of the numbness. I call the chiropractor's office at 9am when they open to ask about the numbness. His office staff checks has him call me back and he says that this is normal becase of how I'm doing the bed rest. I take him for his word, I mean... he is the expert right, this is what they are supposed to know. I'm still taking the Percocet that was prescribed by the ER and then the Flexeril that was was prescribed by my P.A. at the Tempe doctor's office. I'm icing my back like the chiropractor said to, but as the day progresses the numbness continues... my left leg is getting tingly, and my butt feels extremely numb. I call my P.A. at the Tempe doctor's office again around 4, because I know that they leave at 5, and am very clear that I need for the P.A. herself to call me back becaue I am experiencing numbness. Time passes and now both offices are closed, the P.A. has not gotten back to me, despite the calls I put in, so I resolve to make it through the night (I sleep a lot, the Flexeril tends to knock me out), and plan call the P.A. and the chiropractor's offices first thing in the morning.

Total calls to the Tempe doctor's office today = 2

No comments:

Post a Comment